Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Movies I recommend once again.

Well! Happy New Year everybody! Although it's quite late already, but nah, who cares? XD

So, there I am, pretending that I'm a great movie reviewer. D= I didn't watch Quarantine at all due to my exams. The Day The Earth Stood Still was nice, but it lacks a proper climax. In the end, for The Spirit? Ha.Ha.Ha. I found out that plenty people left even before the showed reached halfway, even including those who left from the movie hall me and my friends were in. Haha! To me, this is a fair movie, but to others, it sucked like hell. Haha! Sorry for recommending this movie to you guys, but don't worry, I 'll try better next time!
Anyway, wanna see the reviews on this movie? =D

So, here we go with 3 more movies!

(1) Inkheart


This movie will be released around January 22. This is one movie many are talking about.

(with proper reference from the synopsis at GSC.com) One night, a bunch of thugs arrive at the house and kidnap Mo (Brendan Fraser) to take him to see , a cruel and evil dictator. Mo’s daughter, Meggie (Eliza Bennett) soon finds out that Mo has the ability to read characters out of books. The only drawback is that when he brings something out of a story, something must go back in to replace it. This is how her mother (Sienna Guillory) went in to the book, “Inkheart”. Determined to get Mo and her mother back, Meggie together with Eleanor, Dustfinger (Paul Bettany) and Farid (characters from “Inkheart”) set-out an epic quest. Can they find another copy of Inkheart to send Capricorn and his thieves back into its pages?


(2) Red Cliff II

I can't believe I'm posting this. XD

Well, I have to admit that I don't watch Red Cliff at all, but not just Asians, but plenty of people around the world are amazed of John Woo's directing skills. His movies never fail anyone and keeps them clinging to their seats throughout his movies. One of the many fantastic series he directed is "Red Cliff". To tell you the truth, when Red Cliff first went on the screens, it struck down Hancock in its gross, estimated by $550,000. With a budget of US$80million, Red Cliff is the most expensive Asian-financed film to date. Although it sounds like a big movie gamble, but through all the positive reviews from millions of people, Red Cliff scored glory and hence the expected second part of it. This movie will be released at 23 January.


(3) Valkyrie


A not-so-attractive-from-the-outside movie that I recommend. =)

Tom Cruise is leading in this act. Although this movie had been shown around the U.S., but Malaysia's having it shown this year, at 12 February 2009. I wouldn't want to post its sypnosis because it's damn long, so I'll just give a brief. This is a true story about an unknown hero in a "July 20 plot" to kill Hitler during the World War II. I believe this will be an interesting movie (far better than The Spirit), so I recommend this movie for you all. As a reminder, I rather you save the money for other movies if THIS movie sounds uncertain to you. But trust me, this is one great movie with great casting. Anyone who likes Body of Lies, try this.


So, that's all for the recommended movies. Some other movies which I have not mentioned but good to see - can be viewed by you guys. Such as Underworld: Rice of the Lycans, the movie inspired by Quarantine, Rec[●] and maybe Pink Panther 2! For the time being, till then my friends. And you can check out the 3 movies' trailers at the right side of this blog.

No comments: